a poem from evelyn
a poem from evelyn
Colosso dell’Appennino, 1580
sculptor: Giambologna (1529-1608)
Villa Demidoff Park, Tuscany, Italy
never stop reblogging pictures of people crying at beyonce concerts
I have been listening to this song on repeat all day.
yy is perf
Hi, welcome, to the Star Trek fandom!
Whether you’re young or old, a newbie or an oldie, we welcome you!
If you became apart of it through Benedict, or through TOS, or The Next Generation, welcome!
Liked the films but never watched the series? Hi, it’s great to have you!
I know it’s going to be great serving with you, cadet. Welcome aboard the Enterprise, and don’t forget to pick up your Starfleet uniform on the way in.
*don’t grab the red ones
there are too many beautiful men in the new movie to not be in this fandom
Nerdfighter Benedict? Or just failed Vulcan?
As far as I can tell, there are eight possibilities here. (I’ve spent a fair bit of time thinking about this.)
1. Benedict Cumberbatch is a hardcore nerdfighter and when Martin Freeman threw up a gang sign, Cumberbatch was like, “I have one of those.”
2. Cumberbatch, who obviously has a relationship with Star Trek, just naturally changed the Vulcan sign (pulling in the thumbs, turning the palms inward, crossing the arms) in precisely the same way that I happened to change the Vulcan sign when I first made the nerdfighter sign in the halcyon days of 2007.
3. One of the interns on set who has gained the trust of Benedict Cumberbatch was like, “If you do your hands like this, the Internet will get really excited.” And so he did.
4. BBC, in their infinite wisdom, staged the entire photo and Cumberbatch was taught the nerdfighter sign (I MEAN LOOK AT THE PERFECTION OF HIS NERDFIGHTER SIGN! He seems so comfortable and confident in it, almost as if it is muscle memory, almost as if he has flashed it to his laptop screen on hundreds of occasions in the past, but I digress) and this photograph was staged to get people psyched for Sherlock, although what tiny segment of nerdfighteria is not already psyched for Sherlock? Also, if this is the case, who is Martin Freeman trying to advertise to? Residents of the West Side?
5. Benedict Cumberbatch has a relative or a friend who is a nerdfighter and so he is passingly familiar with nerdfighteria and liked what he has seen and wanted to make us all very happy.
6. The nerdfighter sign also happens to be the hand sign of some obscure English gang with which I am unfamiliar called like The East London Wanderers or The Slightly Intimidating Liverpudlians or whatever.
7. Nerdfighteria actually figures in the plot of the new season of Sherlock. Perhaps a nerdfighter has been (wrongly no doubt!) accused of a murder.
8. Benedict Cumberbatch was playing some kind of British version of Rock Paper Scissors against two invisible opponents, and he went double scissors (as any smart person would).
John’s theories on nerdfighting benedict
Amanda Chan is basically perfect.
David Beckham after his last game. Let the football fan sobbing commence.
Weekend Magazine: Getting That Perfect Souffle In A World Of Uncertainty And Pain
OSWIN NEEDS THIS